Press release no. 19/17 of September 8, 2017
Press service of the Federal Returning Officer on the day of the Bundestag election
WIESBADEN – The Federal Returning Officer reports that a comprehensive press service for the media will again be offered on 24 September 2017, the day of the Bundestag election:
- At around 3.30 p.m. on election day, the “voter turnout by 2 p.m. on election day (intermediate result)” will be released.
- The first official results from the 299 constituencies are expected to come in from 8 p.m. The constituency results received will be made available continuously on the website of the Federal Returning Officer at www.bundeswahlleiter.de. Once again there will be a specific compact presentation of results for mobile devices at this election.
- The official provisional result will presumably be announced early in the morning of 25 September. Afterwards, detailed results will be available in pdf format on the website of the Federal Returning Officer. Additionally, a detailed file (csv format) containing results for all constituencies will be offered for download.
All press releases will be disseminated as usual via the internet, e-mail, ots service and Twitter.
On election day, the Federal Returning Officer and his staff will stay in the German Bundestag in Berlin until the official provisional result has been announced. The Federal Returning Officer will make his official announcements (intermediate result for voter turnout and provisional result) in the "West Lobby" on the Plenary Chamber floor. If required, staff of the Federal Returning Officer will be available there to answer questions.
Please note: Media representatives who hold neither a permanent accreditation to the German Bundestag nor a legislative period ID of the German Government Press and Information Office will require accreditation to the German Bundestag to report on the election on 24 September 2017. It will not be possible to get late accreditation on election day. For further information please refer to: www.bundestag.de/presse/akkreditierung/
Online access for the media to the results of the 2017 Bundestag Election
As in previous Bundestag and European elections, the Federal Returning Officer is giving representatives of the media the opportunity to obtain the incoming results of the Bundestag election on 24 September 2017 by file download (xml and csv formats) for further processing, a service which is offered in addition to the regular dissemination of results on the internet at www.bundeswahlleiter.de. The files can be downloaded from a website. The URL and the required user ID may be requested by e-mail from email@example.com.
The Press Office of the Federal Returning Officer may be contacted:
- in Wiesbaden until 22 September and from 25 September 2017
tel: +49 611 75-3444
fax: +49 611 75-3976
- in Berlin on 23 and 24 September 2017
(until the official provisional result has been announced, presumably early in the morning of 25 September 2017)
tel: +49 30 227-40007
fax: +49 30 227-46003
For further information:
tel: +49 611 75-3444