Press release no. 18/2014 of May 6, 2014
Press service of the Federal Returning Officer on the day of the European election
WIESBADEN – On 25 May 2014, the day of the European election, the Federal Returning Officer will again offer comprehensive services to the media:
- Around 3.30 p.m. on election day, the “intermediate result for the voter turnout by 2 p.m. on election day” will be released.
- After all the polling stations in the EU Member States have closed (11 p.m.), the results available at that time for towns not attached to an administrative district and for rural districts will be posted on the Federal Returning Officer’s website at www.bundeswahlleiter.de. All results received afterwards will immediately be published on the internet and will be aggregated to produce intermediate Länder and federal results. A compact presentation of the results will again be available especially for mobile devices.
- The official provisional result will presumably be announced early in the morning of 26 May. Afterwards, detailed results will be available in pdf format on the website of the Federal Returning Officer. Furthermore, a detailed file (csv format) containing all the election results will be offered for download.
All press releases will be disseminated as usual via the internet, e-mail and ots service.
On election day, the Federal Returning Officer and his staff will stay in the Reichstag Building of the German Bundestag in Berlin until the official provisional result has been announced. The Federal Returning Officer will make his official announcements (“intermediate result for voter turnout” and “official provisional result”) in the Western Lobby on the Plenary Chamber Level.
Please note: Media representatives who hold neither a permanent accreditation to the German Bundestag nor a legislative period ID of the Federal Press Office will require general accreditation to the German Bundestag to report from the Reichstag Building. For further information please refer to: http://www.bundestag.de/presse/akkreditierung/index.html
Online access for the media to the results of the 2014 European Election
As with previous Bundestag and European elections, the Federal Returning Officer will give representatives of the media the opportunity to obtain the incoming results of the European election on 25 May 2014 for further processing by free file download (xml and csv formats), a service which is offered in addition to the regular dissemination of results on the internet at www.bundeswahlleiter.de. The files can be downloaded from a website. The URL and the required user ID may be requested by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Press Office of the Federal Returning Officer may be contacted:
- in Wiesbaden until 23 May and from 26 May 2014
tel: +49 611 75-3444
fax: +49 611 75-3976
- in Berlin on 24 and 25 May 2014
(until the official provisional result has been announced, presumably early in the morning of 26 May 2014)
tel: +49 30 227-40008
fax: +49-30 227-46003
Interviews can be arranged in the Western Lobby of the Reichstag Building, provided that the Federal Returning Officer and his deputy are available and after checking with the press officer on site. It is necessary to make an appointment for this in time by calling one of the above telephone numbers.
For further information:
tel: +49 611 75-3602