Press release no. 21/19 of May 7, 2019
2019 European Election: press service of the Federal Returning Officer on the day of the European election
WIESBADEN – The Federal Returning Officer will again offer a comprehensive service for the media on 26 May 2019, the day of the European election:
- Around 3:30 p.m. on election day, the “intermediate result for the voter turnout by 2 p.m. on election day” will be released.
- After all the polling stations in the EU Member States have closed (11 p.m.), the results available at that time for towns not attached to an administrative district and for rural districts will be posted on the Federal Returning Officer’s website at www.bundeswahlleiter.de. All results received afterwards will immediately be published on the internet and will be aggregated to produce intermediate Länder and federal results.
- The official provisional result will presumably be announced early in the morning of 27 May. Afterwards, detailed results will be available in pdf format on the website of the Federal Returning Officer. Additionally, detailed files (csv format) containing all the election results will be offered for download.
The intermediate result for voter turnout and the official provisional result will be announced by the Federal Returning Officer in the Western Lobby on the Plenary Chamber Level of the German Bundestag in Berlin.
Please note: Media representatives will require accreditation to report from the Reichstag building. For further information please refer to: http://www.bundestag.de/presse/akkreditierung/index.html
Online access for the media to the results of the 2019 European Election
As in previous Bundestag and European elections, the Federal Returning Officer is giving representatives of the media the opportunity to obtain the incoming results of the 2019 European Election by file download (xml and csv formats) for further processing, a service which is offered in addition to the regular dissemination of results on the internet at www.bundeswahlleiter.de. The files can be downloaded from a website. The URL, the required user ID and test files may be requested by e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit to polling stations in Berlin and Brandenburg
In the 2019 European Election, over 600,000 poll workers will contribute on an honorary basis to the proper conduct of the election all over Germany. In the morning of the election day, the Federal Returning Officer will visit a polling station in Berlin and another in the Land of Brandenburg to thank the women and men working there on the electoral boards for their commitment. The place and time of the visits will be announced in a separate press release.
The Press Office of the Federal Returning Officer may be contacted:
- in Wiesbaden until 24 May and from 27 May 2019
tel: +49 611 75-3444
fax: +49 611 75-3976
- in Berlin on 25 and 26 May 2019
(until the official provisional result has been announced, presumably early in the morning of 26 May 2014)
tel: +49 30 227-40008
fax: +49 30 227-46003
Interviews can be arranged in the Western Lobby of the Reichstag Building, provided that the Federal Returning Officer and his deputy are available and after checking with the press officer on site. It is necessary to make an appointment for this in time by calling one of the above telephone numbers.
For further information:
Office of the Federal Returning Officer
tel: +49 611 75-3444